Today I thought I would share a recipe, as it’s been a while and I have a fantastic one to share with you today. 😃
Making food for the family is one of my favourite homemaking activities, especially when I know that the food is healthy, as well as delicious.
I’ve made these a handful of times and they’re a family favourite. Not only do they taste delicious, but they’re also healthy. 😋
In terms of the ingredients, I would recommend you use blanched almond flour because it makes for a “fluffier” bun! If you don’t have any, you can just use ground almonds.
- 150g almond flour ▪ 40g psyllium (or ground flaxseed)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 225 ml boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- A drop of apple cider vinegar
1.Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix the almond flour with the psyllium, the baking powder and the salt.
3. Boil the water and add it to the dry ingredients together with the vinegar and the egg whites. Beat by hand for 30 seconds with a fork or with a whisk.
4. Oil your hands and divide the mixture into six buns. Place the buns on a baking tray covered with baking paper or greased with butter.
5. Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the buns. You will know when they’re done when you hear a hollow sound when you prick them with a knife.
6. Enjoy with some butter, and a good quality beef burger! 😋
P.S. We have these with beef burgers, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mustard and gherkins.
To make for a Burger King style meal (albeit a healthy one!) you could have a side of sweet potato wedges, and a healthy drink composed of sparkling water, lime, and some drops of stevia (it almost tastes like 7-UP 😂).