Are you a Nutella fan? If so, you’re going to love these!
These really are the best chocolate hazelnut brownies in the world! And they’re low-carb and gluten-free! And they’re super quick and easy to make!
What’s not to like? 😀
If, like me, you’re a homemaker and mum, you’ll also find these brownies are a healthy option for kids. They taste really good, and they’re really low in sugar. Your kids won’t even know they’re healthy!
If you saw my IG stories last Saturday, you will have seen my recipe reel, but if not, no problem! Here’s the recipe, in all its glory!
- 100 g melted butter or coconut oil
- 100 g dark chocolate (the original recipe says 70% cocoa, but I used 85% cocoa solids)
- 65 g erythritol
- 100 g hazelnuts (raw or toasted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. If using raw hazelnuts, toast in a frying pan on a medium heat until slightly toasted. If using previously toasted hazelnuts skip to step 4.
3. Remove the skins with kitchen roll – don’t worry if some skin remains, just try to remove most of it.
4. Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor until finely ground.
5. Place the butter or coconut oil and chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for twenty-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
6. Add the erythritol and the vanilla essence. Whisk well until smooth.
7. Add the eggs and the ground hazelnuts. Whisk again.
8. Pour the batter into a small oven-proof dish lined with baking paper or use a silicone dish.
9. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (depending on whether you prefer the brownies goey or not). Cool down for 15 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into slices.
Enjoy these brownies with a cup of tea for afternoon tea time with family. Or take to a picnic and wow your friends with food that’s delicious as well as healthy.
P.S. You can also add some dark chocolate chips to the batter and top the brownies with chopped hazelnuts before placing them in the oven.
Love chocolate cake? Check out my chocolate mug cake recipe.