Today I’m sharing twelve inspiring stepping out in faith quotes as this is a topic I’ve been thinking about a lot lately.
What does the expression “stepping out in faith” actually mean though?
I would say this expression means an intentional choice to obey God’s word, despite circumstances, other people’s opinions, or past experience.
One of the ways I believe helps us to do this is to read about other people’s faith journeys in the form of quotes.
So ok, let’s jump into today’s topic: stepping out in faith quotes.
Quotes About Stepping Out in Faith
1. Billy Graham Quote about Faith and Fear
“Fear can paralyze us and keep us from believing God and stepping out in faith. The devil loves a fearful Christian!” Billy Graham
2. Quote about Faith as Submission to God’s Word
“Faith is active submission to God’s word. Not a feeling.” – Anna Hawkes Cabral, Unique Mums
3. C.S. Lewis Quote Faith as Obedience
“To have Faith in Christ means, of course, trying to do all that He says. There would be no sense in saying you trusted a person if you would not take his advice. Thus if you have really handed yourself over to Him, it must follow that you are trying to obey Him.” C.S. Lewis
4. Quote about Faith as Focus on God
“Faith is focus on God, rather than focus on circumstances.” – Anna Hawkes Cabral, Unique Mums
5. Martin Luther King Quote about Faith as the First Step
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” – Martin Luther King
6. Quote about Faith as an Action
“Faith is not a feeling. It’s an action.” Anna Hawkes Cabral, Unique Mums
7. R.C. Sproul Quote about Faith as a Response to God’s Commands
“Faith is also the means by which we live in response to the commands of God.” R.C. Sproul
8. A.W. Tozer Quote about Faith as the Gaze of a Soul
“Faith is the gaze of a soul upon a saving God.” A.W. Tozer
9. Quote about Faith as a Choice to Believe God’s Word
“Faith is choosing to believe in God’s word, no matter what the world says.” Anna Hawkes Cabral, Unique Mums
10. Charles Spurgeon Quote about Faith as Related to Love
“Faith goes up the stairs that love has built and looks out the windows which hope has opened.” Charles Spurgeon
11. Elizabeth Elliot Quote about Faith as a Decision
“Faith is a decision. It is not a deduction from the facts around us.” Elizabeth Elliot
12. Quote about Trusting in God and Stepping Out in Faith
“You can’t say you trust God unless you’re willing to step out in faith and obey Him.” Anna Hawkes Cabral, Unique Mums
As Christians, walking with Jesus will often mean stepping out of our comfort zones and taking steps of faith, in obedience to His word.
Reading other people’s thoughts about stepping out in faith actually benefits us because it challenges us to take steps of faith and obey God’s word.
Did you like the quotes? Share them with a friend