Are you soon to become a parent, or do you know someone who is? If so, you’re going to love today’s post. Check out these amazing Bible verses for parents to be.
A lot of the verses are also applicable to seasoned parents too, and they focus on three main areas: children being a blessing, the importance of disciplining your children, and training in righteousness.
You can find the verses written down at the bottom of each picture. If you like the images, feel free to share them.
Also, at the bottom of this post, we’ve shared some practical tips to help teach your children the Gospel.
So let’s get into it.
7 Bible Verses For Parents To Be
1. Start Children On The Way They Should Go
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. – Proverbs 22:6
2. Fathers Do Not Exasperate Your Children
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. – Ephesians 6:4
3. Like Arrows
4. Discipline Your Children
Discipline your children, and they will give you peace; they will bring you the delights you desire. Proverbs 29:17
5. Whoever Spares The Rod
Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them. – Proverbs 13:24
6. Teach Your Children
7. Children Walking In Truth
5 Tips For Teaching Your Kids Gospel Truth
Once you have children, there are many ways you can teach them the Truth from God’s word.
- Read simple Bible stories and relate them to the Greater Gospel Narrative
- Pray over problems and teach them to rely on God
- Cultivate gratitude to God by thanking Him and worshipping Him daily (songs, prayers, conversations)
- Ask for forgiveness when you fall short as a mum, repent and move on – accept God’s grace in action
- Forgive your children when they fail, and model God’s grace in action
That’s it for today!
If you enjoyed this post and the Bible verses for parents to be, make sure you share with a friend or pin this post for later.