Are you a mum? Do you feel exhausted? If so, this post is for you. 🙂
The word of God is live, active, and applicable to our everyday life and circumstances, and as Christian mommas who are often tired, we can find solace in God’s word.
With that in mind, at the end of this post, I share some practical tips to help you make time to read the Bible when you’re a busy and exhausted as a mum.
So without further ado, here are five Bible verses for you, exhausted momma.
5 Bible Verses For The Exhausted Momma
1. God is our refuge
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. – Psalm 46:1
2. He gives strength to the weary
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. – Isaiah 40:29
3. My flesh and my heart may fail
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. – Psalm 73:26
4. Let us not become weary
5. Come to me, all you who are weary
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. – Matthew 11:28-29
Practical Tips To Make Time For Bible Reading If You’re Busy and Exhausted
– Consider your daily activities and see if there are any that you can cut back on, in order to spend more focused time in the word.
– Create boundaries and limits on social media (it’s such a time suck!) so that you can spend more time in the word and in prayer.
– Create a schedule for your focused Bible reading and prayer time and set it in stone. It doesn’t matter what time of the day it is. The important thing is that you get used to using that particular time of day for that.
– Tell your husband or a good friend about your struggles and have them pray with you and keep you accountable
– If your children are old enough to understand, tell them that this is a priority in your life, and let them know your boundaries.
Did you like this post? Please share it with an exhausted momma friend or pin it!