This Bible Study Guide is based on the book: Impact: Gospel Hope For Every Woman. (You can read it for free on Kindle Unlimited. Available on Amazon worldwide.)
Individual / Group – Spend some time in prayer asking God to bless this Bible study time asking Him to reveal His love and His gospel and lead you into all truth.
What are common attitudes or actions that people condemn in others?
Individual – Brainstorm and note them down.
Group – Brainstorm as a group.
Listen to What “No Condemnation” does to the heart? by John Piper until 5:05
Individual – Listen to the audio and note down your answers in your journal.
Group – Listen to the audio, go through the questions one by one, and discuss the answers as a group. Write answers individually.
- How do we have the emotional and moral power to not return evil for evil and instead return good for evil?
- What if your child breaks your heart and you know in your conscience it’s your fault? How are you going to keep loving?
- What’s the effect of understanding the doctrine of “no condemnation”?
- How can a parent acknowledge sin humbly?
Follow-up Reflection and Prayer
Individual / Group – Write out Romans 8:1 in your journal and meditate on it. Pray and thank God for this truth.
Questions for Reflection
Individual / Group – Answer the following questions in a journal.
- Have you ever judged a brother or sister in Christ in a way that you now understand was not godly? (For instance, by using harsh words; judging without having all the information; judging in a hypocritical manner.)
- Have you ever been judged by a fellow Christian in a non-godly way? (For instance, being judged in a slanderous way; being criticised harshly with no humility; being judged hypocritically)?
- How can you grow in biblical discernment regarding matters of conscience and personal struggle? Think of specific steps to growth in these areas based on the examples given in the chapter.
- How can you improve in bringing humble and righteous correction to others? Think of your attitude and beliefs before you bring correction, and specific ways you can give correction in a godly way.
- How can you improve in receiving humble and righteous correction from others? Think of your attitude and beliefs before receiving correction, and specific ways you can receive correction in a godly way.
- How can you truly forgive those who offend you? Meditate on the Good News of God’s Redemption for you and then apply that to the other person.
Individual – Look through your answers to the Questions for Reflection. Is there anyone you need to seek for accountability?
Group – Look through your answers to the Questions for Reflection. Discuss in pairs. Share in the group.
Individual / Group
- Read the next chapter in Impact: Gospel Hope For Every Woman – “From Self-Perfectionism to Rest”. Then do the next unit in this study guide (Unit 11 – linked below).
Did this unit bless you? Share it with others. 🙂
Do you have any questions or suggestions for improvement? I’d love to help you and I’m open to feedback. Comment below or send me an email to: theuniquemums at gmail dot com