This Bible Study Guide is based on the book: Impact: Gospel Hope For Every Woman. (You can read it for free on Kindle Unlimited. Available on Amazon worldwide.)
Individual / Group – Spend some time in prayer asking God to bless this Bible study time asking Him to reveal His love and His gospel and lead you into all truth.
What are common ways we strive for self-perfectionism as women?
Individual – Brainstorm in your journal.
Group – Brainstorm as a group.
Individual – Listen to the audio and note down your answers.
Group – Listen to the audio, go through the questions one by one and discuss as a group. Note down answers individually.
- How is it impossible to please God?
- Faith is…..
- What’s the commandment of God?
- “Therefore being justified…… (complete the blank) we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1
- What does it mean when we accept Jesus as Lord?
- What’s the only way we can give supernatural fruit?
- How do we abide in Christ?
Questions for Reflection
Individual / Group – Answer the following questions in a journal.
- What areas do you particularly feel tempted to strive for perfection in? (For instance, work; family; homemaking; appearance.)
- Are there any specific habits or things you do that induce you to take your eyes off God and start striving for perfection? (For instance, attempting to perform for your worth in your relationships; striving to achieve perfection at work as a way of gaining worth; living the Christian life by striving.)
- How does knowing your righteousness in Jesus help you cease striving for your own? Think of specific mindsets, attitudes, and actions.
- How can you grow in the spiritual disciplines that will help you focus more on God and find rest in Him? Think of specific steps to spend more time with God in praise, intercession, and study of His word.
Individual – Look through your answers to the Questions for Reflection. Is there anyone you need to seek for accountability?
Group – Look through your answers to the Questions for Reflection. Discuss in pairs. Share in the group.
Individual / Group
– Read the next chapter in Impact: Gospel Hope For Every Woman “Bringing It All Together” and then do the next unit in this study guide (Unit 12 – linked below).
Did this unit bless you? Share it with others. 🙂
Do you have any questions or suggestions for improvement? I’d love to help you and I’m open to feedback. Comment below or send me an email to: theuniquemums at gmail dot com