This Bible Study Guide is based on the book: Impact: Gospel Hope For Every Woman. (You can read it for free on Kindle Unlimited. Available on Amazon worldwide.)
Individual / Group – Spend some time in prayer asking God to bless this Bible study time asking Him to reveal His love and His gospel and lead you into all truth.
What does conformity mean? What does uniqueness mean?
Individual – Think about the definitions given in the Bible and definitions presented to us by the world. Reflect on these for a few minutes and note down your answers.
Group- Brainstorm definitions of conformity and uniqueness according to the Bible and definitions presented to us by the world. Discuss as a group. Note down answers.
Listen to the first 3 minutes and 46 seconds of the sermon preached by Billy Graham – Non-Conformity to the World.
Individual – First, listen to the whole audio. Then listen again and write your answers. (Stop when necessary to note down your answers.)
Group – Listen and answer the questions as a group at the end. Note down your answers individually.
- What did the early Christians refuse to do in the Roman society they lived in?
- What was the consequence Christians faced by being non-conformists to Roman paganism and ungodliness?
- What Bible verse is mentioned? Write it down here.
- What are Christians pressured to do even today?
- What should Christians do according to Paul?
- What should we expect as those who live in obedience to Christ?
Questions for Reflection
Individual / Group – Answer the following questions in a journal.
- Are there any areas of your life in which you have conformed to the world? (For instance, how you spend your time; what you spend money on; how you relate to others.) How could you relinquish these and turn to God’s will?
- Are there any areas of your life in which you have conformed to your own fleshly desires? (For instance, desire for comfort over God’s will; desire for approval from others; desire for fame and attention.) How could you relinquish these and turn to God’s will?
- Are there any areas of your life in which you have conformed to the lies of the enemy? (For instance, lies about your identity; lies about what to focus on; lies about success.) How could you relinquish these and turn to God’s will?
- What practical areas do you sense God is calling you to stand out in your particular culture/ job/ family? (For instance, showing grace to sinners; loving people more than money; how you spend your time.)
Individual – Look through your answers to the Questions for Reflection. Is there anyone you need to seek for accountability?
Group – Look through your answers to the questions for reflection. Discuss in pairs. Share in the group.
Individual / Group
- Read the next chapter in the book Impact: Gospel Hope For Every Woman – “From Idolatry to True Worship ”. Then do the next unit in this study guide (Unit 4 – linked below).
Did this unit bless you? Share it with others!
Do you have any questions or suggestions for improvement? I’d love to help you and I’m open to feedback. Comment below or send me an email to: theuniquemums at gmail dot com